Coud-based solutions are steadily gaining popularity with businesses of all sizes in a wide range of industries. The versatile nature of this particular tool makes it a great fit for just about any organization, offering both exciting and user-friendly alternatives to traditional technology solutions and providing new ways to use legacy programs.
There is a lot to be gained by moving to the cloud. If you’re considering a cloud migration in your business’ future, here are five great reasons to move forward and starting planning your next step with your IT provider.
- Cloud-Based Applications Won’t Be Going Anywhere Anytime Soon – More than 72% of businesses now have at least one mission-critical application operating in the cloud. Not only is this percentage expected to continue to go up, but experts are also predicting that spending on cloud solutions will jump to more than $500 billion by 2020.
- Built-In Security Is The Norm For Cloud Solutions – In the past, security concerns have been at the top of the list of reasons why businesses were avoiding the cloud. As cloud technology has improved, so has cloud security. Today, more than half of all businesses are using the cloud to store sensitive or confidential data. Rather than being a concern, security is now a reason to choose the cloud. The public cloud comes with its own dedicated security team, ensuring your data and applications are always secure. And as an added bonus, the cloud is fully scalable, meaning you’ll never have to worry about running out of storage space.
- You Dictate How Fast Your Migration Moves, Not Your Technology – Moving your data and applications to the cloud doesn’t have to happen all at once. In fact, a hybrid cloud/on-premise solution that makes use of your existing infrastructure while allowing you to slowly migrate to the cloud over time is actually the better approach to take. Many businesses are making use of a combination of on-premise, private cloud, and third-party public cloud solutions simultaneously, experimenting with what resources work best where and carefully planning out their next steps.
- The Cloud Might Be New, But Your Tools Don’t Have To Be – If the thought of having to retrain your staff on a brand new set of applications and tools sounds like a great reason to never change anything about your technology ever, here’s some great news – moving to the cloud doesn’t have to mean retraining your team. Many cloud solutions allow you to keep using the applications you’re already familiar with while still taking advantage of the cloud’s ability to grant access to files anywhere online.
- There Is No Limit To What The Cloud Can Do – Business that make the transition to the cloud see great benefits from their technology, like faster access to their infrastructure, greater scalability, and increased availability. By choosing to leverage cloud solutions that best suit the specific needs and goals of your business, you can use the cloud to transform your operations, boost productivity and efficiency, and completely change the way your team approaches the work you do each day
Ready to put the power and versatility of the cloud to work for your business? Get in touch with Insight Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 775-5512. We’re the cloud technology providers that businesses in Fargo, Grand Forks, and Bismarck trust.